Call us on +44 (0)20 7868 2868

Contact Davenport Solicitors for enquiry:

All fields are mandatory

First Name

Last Name





Home > Employment Law > Immigration > Working in the UK on a temporary basis under Tier 5 of the Points Based System

Working in the UK on a temporary basis under Tier 5 of the Points Based System

You may be able to come to the UK, with your family, for a maximum of up to 12 months, (although this can be extended depending on your circumstances), under the Temporary Worker scheme. You will need to be sponsored by a UK employer who is recognised by the government to issue this permission, known as a Certificates & Sponsorships. The work you do in the UK must relate to your employer’s organisation.

Certain people aged 18-30 can work in the UK for up to 2 years. Citizens of Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Republic of Korea and Taiwan can come to the UK under the Youth Mobility Scheme. Some categories of overseas British citizens in the same age group can also come to the UK under this scheme. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to bring your family or extend your visa under this scheme.

We can help you with any questions about working in the UK under Tier 5 of the Points Based System.

Please contact our immigration team by telephone on +44 (0)20 7959 2358 or by email at to discuss your situation .

Get in Touch

  • captcha

Contact us

Davenport Solicitors Limited

68 Lombard Street, London, EC3V 9LJ

+44 (0)20 7868 2868

Understanding HR Employment Law

Understanding HR & Employment Law



Thank you for your very thorough assistance… ...

View all
Sign up for Newsletter
Follow us on