Sole Representative Visa
The sole representative of an overseas business visa allows a senior employee of an overseas company to set up a UK subsidiary or branch, as long as they are not a majority shareholder of the business.
Please note that this is not a “points-based system” category visa.
If you are planning to come to the UK as a sole representative, we recommend that you get in touch with our specialist business immigration lawyers at Davenport Solicitors for advice on the application requirements and documentation needed. Whatever help you need with your application process, we are here to provide you with full guidance and support to ensure its success. We will make sure that your application and documentation are legally compliant. Contact here.
Are you eligible for a Sole Representative Visa?
- You must meet the following eligibility requirements to qualify for a sole representative visa:
- You should apply from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- You should be a senior employee in your company and not a majority shareholder
- You should have extensive industry knowledge
- You should have sufficient English language ability (CEFR level A1)
- You should have sufficient funds to support yourself
- You should have full authority to make decisions on behalf of your company
- You should be recruited and employed by a company outside the UK
- Your company should be headquartered outside the UK
- Your company should have no other active branch, subsidiary or representative in the UK
Things you can do under the sole representative visa:
- You can work full time for your company
- You can extend a sole representative visa by 2 years
- You may qualify to settle in the UK after you have stayed for 5 continuous years
Things you cannot do under the sole representative visa:
- You cannot work for any other company
- You cannot work for yourself
- You cannot remain in the UK if the sole representative arrangement with your employer ends
- You cannot switch to this visa from any other visa category
- You cannot claim public funds
If you need help with your sole representative visa application contact our business immigration experts here.