Home > Sole Representative Visa

Sole Representative Visa

The sole representative of an overseas business visa allows a senior employee of an overseas company to set up a UK subsidiary or branch, as long as they are not a majority shareholder of the business.

Please note that this is not a “points-based system” category visa.

If you are planning to come to the UK as a sole representative, we recommend that you get in touch with our specialist business immigration lawyers at Davenport Solicitors for advice on the application requirements and documentation needed. Whatever help you need with your application process, we are here to provide you with full guidance and support to ensure its success. We will make sure that your application and documentation are legally compliant. Contact here.

Are you eligible for a Sole Representative Visa?

  • You must meet the following eligibility requirements to qualify for a sole representative visa:
  • You should apply from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
  • You should be a senior employee in your company and not a majority shareholder
  • You should have extensive industry knowledge
  • You should have sufficient English language ability (CEFR level A1)
  • You should have sufficient funds to support yourself
  • You should have full authority to make decisions on behalf of your company
  • You should be recruited and employed by a company outside the UK
  • Your company should be headquartered outside the UK
  • Your company should have no other active branch, subsidiary or representative in the UK

Things you can do under the sole representative visa:

  • You can work full time for your company
  • You can extend a sole representative visa by 2 years
  • You may qualify to settle in the UK after you have stayed for 5 continuous years

Things you cannot do under the sole representative visa:

  • You cannot work for any other company
  • You cannot work for yourself
  • You cannot remain in the UK if the sole representative arrangement with your employer ends
  • You cannot switch to this visa from any other visa category
  • You cannot claim public funds

If you need help with your sole representative visa application contact our business immigration experts here.

Get in touch


The High Potential Individual (“HPI”) visa is one of several new immigration routes introduced by the Home Office this year. But what exactly is it and what does it mean for UK Business Immigration? https://bit.ly/3I5BDvr

#EmploymentLaw #BusinessImmigration #HPI

What is the difference between a staff handbook and a contract of employment?


#EmploymentLaw #StaffHandbook #ContractOfEmployment

Join our Managing Director, Vandana Dass, as she co-hosts a @londonchamber LCCI's #AsianBusinessAssociation (ABA) #WomeninBusiness networking event at LCCI HQ on 7th July. Book here: https://bit.ly/3QRRO3v


Every employer fears being faced with a workplace discrimination claim. Our expert #employmentlaw team are well versed in providing discrimination claims advice for employers and can help you resolve employee grievances swiftly and sensitively: https://bit.ly/3QVduM3

Thinking of hiring migrant workers?

In our latest blog post, we look at everything you need to know: https://bit.ly/3ydI2kR

#BusinessImmigration #EmploymentLaw #EmploymentVisa

Load More...

Our Services

Dealing with workplace issues need not be challenging. We are here to help take away the pain associated with being an employer so doing business becomes easier.

Explore more

Our Blogs

Associations and

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons