Health and Care Worker Visa UK: Nurturing Medical Professionals

The Health and Care Worker visa welcomes skilled medical practitioners to the UK, offering an opportunity to contribute to the NHS, NHS suppliers, or adult social care. This route can lead to permanent settlement in the UK, and it allows for eligible dependent partners and children to join the applicant.

Eligibility Criteria for Health and Care Worker Visa

To embark on the Health and Care Worker visa journey, certain criteria need to be met:

  • Holding qualifications as a doctor, nurse, health professional, or adult social care professional
  • Engaging in a qualifying health or social care role
  • Gaining sponsorship from a UK employer endorsed by the Home Office
  • Possessing a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from the employer outlining the offered UK role
  • Receiving a minimum salary, which varies based on the job type
  • Meeting the English language competency requirement (CEFR Level B1)
  • Demonstrating self-sufficiency financially, without relying on public funds
  • Presenting a criminal record certificate if necessary
  • Providing a valid TB certificate if required

Specific requirements might differ based on individual circumstances.

Navigating the Application

When applying for the Health and Care Worker visa, identifying the right occupation code is pivotal. It must align with the job description used for recruitment. Seeking professional advice on salary and occupation code determination is recommended, as incorrect information could lead to application refusal. Our proficient business immigration lawyers are ready to assist you. Reach out to us for guidance.

Processing and Timelines

Applications can be submitted up to three months before the intended UK work start date as per the certificate of sponsorship. While identity verification and document submission are necessary, those with appointments should allocate additional time.

Following online application, identity verification, and document submission, the Home Office aims to render a decision within three weeks. If urgency is paramount, the priority service option may expedite the process.

Visa Duration and Beyond

Successful applicants can expect visa validity ranging from three to five years. Extending the visa due to job changes or employer shifts necessitates a new application. After residing in the UK for five years, applicants might be eligible for permanent settlement through an ‘Indefinite Leave to Remain’ application.

Financial Considerations: Home Office Fees

The application fee typically ranges from £247 to £479 per applicant. This financial investment is a step towards your future in the UK.

Expert Assistance for Health and Care Visa

Navigating the Health and Care Worker visa process benefits from the expertise of experienced professionals. Our dedicated business immigration lawyers at Davenport Solicitors are here to provide the guidance you need. Connect with us to ensure a seamless application experience.

Request a free call back

You’re welcome to call us on +44 020 7903 6888 or email us at contact@davenportsolicitors.com. We aim to reply within 24 hours.